CLASS AND COLLECTIVE ACTIONS
Pacific Employment Law defends class, collective, and representative actions throughout California. Our class action practice delivers cost-effective results by focusing on early evaluation, candid risk assessment, and calculated execution. Some of our recent victories include:
- The complete denial of class certification in a putative class action involving travel time and meal and rest break claims.
- The dismissal of a putative class action by way of a motion to compel arbitration.
- The dismissal of a PAGA action based on Plaintiff’s failure to exhaust administrative remedies.
- The successful demurrer to a putative class action under California Business & Professions Code based on California's claim splitting doctrine.
- A five-figure settlement in a putative class action alleging delivery driver misclassification.
SINGLE / MULTI - PLAINTIFF ACTIONS
Pacific Employment Law defends employers against single and multi-plaintiff employment claims in state and federal court, in arbitration, and before various administrative agencies. We regularly represent employers in harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, accommodation, breach of contract, and wage and hour claims. Some recent victories include:
- Successful motions for summary judgment on harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful termination claims.
- A complete defense verdict in sexual harassment trial.
- The successful appeal of adverse award by California Labor Commissioner.
- The affirmance on appeal of favorable summary judgment rulings and an order granting new trial.